Tuesday, March 8, 2011

kara's vintage collection: buttons & hatpins


a word from my sister:
I have always saved the buttons that are attached to new garments. I thought it would be pretty to display them someday, but I never really had enough. I was at an estate sale awhile back & found a huge zip lock bag of vintage button for $1. you could tell they were all really old by the color & shape. so I snatched them up & now i keep them in this little glass with my hatpins.

I had never seen a hatpin before until recently; I was fascinated. back in the day, they were used to pin the hat down to a woman’s head by her hair. I love that over time, they became more & more ornate & were used as decoration, kind of like today's headband. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh hat-pins! yes.. not so common these days. What wonderful photos you have here! And thanks for your visit and for leaving a gentle comment. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I never know what to do with my extra buttons and I love the vintage additions too!

    P.S. Let's bring back the hatpin look! Who's with me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so funny!!! i've saved all of them... and still have them even if i don't have the clothes anymore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lot hatpins, as a matter of fact I bought 3 of them at a flea market in London some years ago! And stilla dore them! Love that glasss showing those vintage buttons!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails