Thursday, May 10, 2012

vintage finds: letterpress drawer


robert & I stopped by an estate sale a few weekends ago right before it was over. the bad thing about going towards the end of a sale is that generally, there isn't a lot left. but the good news is that you can pretty much name your price on whatever is still there.

I noticed this shelf mounted on a wall that I thought looked really cool. upon further inspection, it turned out to be a tray from an old letterpress cabinet that was used to hold the components & plates for printing. it was in great condition - minus the $60 price tag. so I threw on some charm (or, used my "girl-powers" as my daddy would say) & talked the guy down to $20! I love it, but am not quite sure what I'm going to do with it. I've seen people use them to hold jewelry or trinkets. but right now, I kind of like looking at it as-is. I love all the different sized boxes & the natural color of the ink-stained wood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails